1. What software does the Platform Cloud include?
Windows Server 2008 R2
Office 2010 Standard (Word, Outlook, Excel) 64 bit (Pro is additional)
Shadow Protect (Backup software)
2. What Legal software packages do you support?
We support a wide variety of software packages. If the package is compatible with Windows 7, it will work on our Cloud Platform.
3. Will you be able to import Microsoft Word macros?
4. Will there be problems going from our current Office to the 2010 version?
There are no issues during the transition. At your discretion, we can make the default office documents 2003 compatible.
5. We use an old version of Adobe Standard to convert documents to PDF. Of course we need the same capability in the cloud. Is this Possible?
If you only need to create PDFs, Office 2010 handles that. However, if you need to edit PDFs, you will need to upgrade Adobe for it to work properly on the cloud.
6. We have custom software on my computer. This cannot change. How do we confirm that it is compatible with the cloud?
One of our engineers will setup the software on a demo server and provide you with a test to determine if it functions properly.
7. Scanning: We are looking at a new copier that will digitize faxes. We need separate software that will scan to PDF. How do we handle this on the cloud?
Normally, we set the copier to scan to PDF and email. If the option exists on the copier, we can set it to digitize faxes also.
8. Printers: Will my printers work from the cloud?
If your printers are compatible with Windows 7, they will work fine. If they are not Windows 7 compatible, we may need to purchase additional hardware so that they can connect.
9. Will I need any extra hardware for the cloud?
As long as your computer can connect to the internet, you will not need anything additional.
10. What about security? I hear that Cloud is not secure.
Our cloud server is very secure. All data is encrypted. Also, because we are a private cloud as opposed to a public cloud, only your staff is able to get to your data. In fact, unlike some other "cloud" providers, your company has its own dedicated server and is not sharing a server with other companies.
11. How are user permissions handled?
Users are granted the lowest amount of rights that will allow them to function normally. Only one or two users will have elevated rights if necessary.
12. What about support? What programs are covered?
Support is 24/7. All programs installed on the Cloud Server are covered.
13. Are custom programs covered?
Custom programs are covered. However, we cannot guarantee that we will resolve all issues. We would recommend that you have a valid service contract with the vendor should we need to contact them for troubleshooting.